Sunday, September 17, 2006

Knowing God through Basketball...


A friend of my mine invited me to a basketball try-out. I did not know that it was a church basketball team that I was going to join. After attending the try-out, my brother and I was taken in to be part of the Temple Of Praise Christian Fellowship Basketball Team. I was very excited and looking forward to the upcoming tournament.
During our team practice, Ptr. William Calisang who is our team chaplain would always share with us some words of wisdom from the Bible. At first, I was not really that interested, but later on I felt God was speaking to me.
As a young kid, I was diagnosed to have something that was growing inside my brain. But during our team devotions, I asked our team chaplain to pray for healing. Since then, I have not been bothered by the sickness. I believe I received a miracle from the Lord.
I thanked God allowing me to be part of the church-team because I was able to received the Lord and trusted him with my life. Now my brother and I including our entire family attends the regular service of the church.
I am always looking forward to our games. I pray that God will use me to share the gospel to my teammates.

Dec Rochelle Wenceslao
Forward, TOPCF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Hit Counters