Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Basketball is my favorite sport...


My life did not have any directions before, I was confused and hopeless. In fact, I could say my life was very boring not discounting the many problems I have to face.


One day, a friend of mine invited me to attend a fellowship meeting. I did not know anything about what he was talking. Anyways, I attended the fellowship and discovered that they were talking about God. One of the things that excite me with the fellowship was everybody was very happy, excited and having fun. Then someone shared to me about the love of God, that I needed to have a personal relationship with Him. I realized why my life is hopeless, boring, confused because I did not have a personal relationship with the Lord. That afternoon I gave my life to the Lord Jesus Christ.


Then our pastor announce that they were having a tryout for the church basketball team. Because I love to play the game, I tried out for the team which eventually made me a member. Now I am very happy with my life, enjoying the skills and the talents that God has given me.


Now I am playing for His glory and sharing the love of Jesus to players and friends I meet.


I thanked the organizers of the Inter-Church Basketball League (ICBL) for giving me the opportunity to play the sport I love and at the same time share my personal relationship with the Lord.


To God be the Glory!


Karlo Ivanne Pillerin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Hit Counters