Wednesday, September 27, 2006

God changed my life...


I am the fourth child of six siblings in the family. My plan is to become a successful Architect.

During my growing years, I only had my father as my teacher, buddy & best friend. He showed me what was life was all about, like enjoying being with friends, drinking and experiencing the “night life”. Above all, I was always scared to come home because for sure my parents would fight and argue regarding my father’s lifestyle. To be honest, I never enjoyed it. Yes, we were living a good life but there was no peace at home.

Not until, I started to ask God about “is this what life is all about?” If this is what it is, for sure I don’t want to live in this kind of life. So I started to search for the truth because I believe there is a God who loves us and don’t want us to destroy our lives.

One day somebody shared to us about the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. When I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ to be my Lord and Savior, things have changed for the better. The whole family now attends our weekly bible study and church service. The greatest miracle is that the whole family is serving the Lord.

I thank God for allowing me to be part of our church basketball team. This has allowed me to meet new friends and share to them the Lord Jesus Christ. I really enjoy my ministry in sports. I did not realize that God can use basketball as a vehicle to glorify Him.

I realize that ICBL is really a different league, it has taught me that it is not a matter of winning the game but the matter of trying our best for the Lord.


Clint Alamin Manguhig
Player, River Of God Church Basketball Team

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Hit Counters